Underwater Mermaid Photoshoots 2015
Sunday 12th July 2015
NOW TAKING PRE-BOOKINGS
Public Bookings Open: TBC
2015 Photoshoots (some dates TBC):
Underwater Photoshoot - 10th March Underwater Photoshoot - 17th May 2015
Underwater Photoshoot - 12th July 2015
Underwater Photoshoot - September 2015
All images on this page were taken on previous shoots in the series.
The Merlesque Mermaids and Lily La Mer invite you to:
Photograph mermaids and humans underwater - without getting your feet wet!
Ever wanted to try underwater photography but been put off by the expensive equipment and complex setup?
Now you can have the best of both worlds - land and sea!
Come and join the beautiful Merlesque Mermaids and Lily La Mer for an underwater adventure - with no need for you to even get wet.
Photograph mermaids and dancers through the side of a clear tank, allowing you to use normal lighting and your own favourite camera to capture beautiful underwater images.
Curious? We thought you might be!
Sounds amazing - when is it?
We would absolutely love for you to join us! :)
The next shoot will be taking place on Sunday 12th July 2015 in Bourne, near Peterborough, UK at the world's largest portable filming tank.
We are able to run six hour-long sessions throughout the day, with the first session starting at 9.30am and the final session ending at 5pm.
Each group has a max size of 5 photographers. If you prefer, you can book out a whole slot for yourself or in a smaller group, please contact us for details.
We are sometimes also able to offer underwater photography workshops on the day - please get in touch if you're interested.
How do I book my space?
It's really simple to book - just email our Bookings Manager and he'll give you more information and confirm your place. Our last shoot sold out fast so please book today so you don't miss out!
The cost for each photographer is just £70 GBP. Want it even cheaper? Just swim over and 'like' both of our facebook pages at Lily la Mer and Merlesque to get our special Mer-friends price of £65 GBP!
Those of you who came last time will notice that the price has gone up a little - we promise it's still a great deal! The price raise is because the tank has moved to a better venue, with better facilities and new improved backdrops.
So - what's the deal?
Book your space now because we only have a limited number of slots available - only 25 lucky photographers will get to come and play!
What should you expect to get from the shoot?
- Experienced professional underwater models and performers, who can not only pose and look beautiful but also hold their breath, control buoyancy and open their eyes underwater.
- Unique opportunity to shoot both mermaids and human models in the same shoot, giving you a range of beautiful underwater images to add an extra splash to your portfolio.
- Plenty of time and space to shoot, as group size is limited to only 5 photographers at a time. Fun to network with new people, or get a group of friends and come as a day out.
- You'll be able to add underwater photos to your portfolio without needing to buy expensive new equipment or learn new skills - no need to SCUBA while you photograph!
- When you get photos that you love and add them to your online portfolio, we will happily share them across our social media to direct more traffic to your photography website or profile.
- Added bonus: You can tell everyone you've met real live mermaids! And have the pictures to prove it ;)
How does it work? What will I photograph?
Each session will feature three models, including at least one as a mermaid and one as a human. This is to give variation for the images that you will get for your portfolios.
Every session will have different outfits, costumes and tails, so we often have photographers book onto multiple sessions to get an even wider range of images - and because it's just so much fun that they don't want to leave! If you're booking solo or as a group and have a particular idea, prop or costume in mind, just get in touch ASAP and we'll do our best to accommodate you!